- We can discover a sense of community and belonging.
- We are reminded that we aren’t alone; for if someone can write a story that matches my world so well, they too must know what it is like.
- We begin to see the value in the ordinary and the mundane
- We remember that we’re all valuable and have something to contribute—just as we are reminded by film It’s a Wonderful Life.
- We get the chance to see the long-range impact of our daily choices. For all of us are stuck in the middle of our story, not knowing what the end of our story will be. But contemporary fiction gives us a chance to see how today’s choices can impact tomorrow’s life.
Thursday, June 30, 2016
The contemporary genre has drawbacks. Which genre doesn't? And like all the other genres, contemporary fiction has much to offer us: