Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back from Conference...Sort of

After weeks of cramming and preparing, it's all over. The meetings. The classes. The appointments. The American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) conference in Dallas has come to a close, and this is where I should be inserting witty comments and deep thoughts about the experience.

However, I stopped to visit relatives on the trek home, and so I've not had time yet to process everything. The ACFW conference remains one long blur of emotions and impressions. Highs where I felt like I could pluck the world from the sky and stick it into my pocket. Lows where I wanted to join the dust mites in the carpet. In between places of zombie exhaustion and childlike wonder.

Of course that doesn't tell much. So I invite you check back during the next couple days--and on the coming Wednesdays--as I try to string together these scattered beads of conference experiences.

No comments: