Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Imagination Investigation Reboot

I love books.

You don’t have to spend much time around me to know that. After all, I am a novelist. That would be a rather poor career choice if I didn’t love books.

But I am more than a novelist. For over a decade now, I have also operated a bookstore called Imagination Investigation.

Imagination Investigation has no brick-and-mortar home (unless you count my basement), but was developed primarily as a pop-up/mobile store that allowed me to travel to different locations, such as homeschool conferences or reader events.* Eventually, I added an online store so buyers could find the same selection of books as I shared in person.

Because I am not your typical bookstore. I don’t sell just the newest or most popular books. Rather, I have curated the collection I sell, with books hand-selected for their Christian worldview, excellence in craft, diversity in their content, and uniqueness in their storytelling. I have personally read about seventy-five percent of the books I sell, and those I haven’t are included because I have been led to believe that they meet the above criteria. 

Over the years, my bookstore has gone through many shifts, and I finally decided it was time to give the store a facelift. There are many changes planned for over the course of the next year, and I wanted to provide you all a sneak peek of what is coming, if all goes according to plan (which I admit, may be a big if):

  • A new website dedicated to the bookstore, designed to encourage wandering among the digital shelves.
  • Beautiful, specially designed book graphics with fun bookish Easter eggs.
  • Information for connecting you with your favorite authors.
  • A newsletter solely dedicated to book spotlights, new additions, and other bookish news.
  • The addition of unique book merchandise.

Of course I tend to dream bigger than I can always implement, so it will be interesting to see how reality meshes with the vision inside my head. But I hope you will join me for the ride, because there are some fabulous stories out there, waiting to be discovered by you.

*Interested in my bookstore popping up at your event? Just contact me at imaginationinvestigation at yahoo dot com.

No comments: