Wednesday, July 3, 2019

It's Official!

Last week I sent off this rather innocuous-looking manila envelope to Arizona.

 

Then yesterday I received back a rather plain, white envelope. 


No big deal, right? Until you see what is inside...


Yes, that is a new contract! My second novel has been officially contracted by the publisher of Beast, Enclave Publishing. I feel incredibly privileged to be working with Enclave again, not only because they made the working of publishing Beast such a smooth process for me, but I get to boast that I'm being published along some of my favorite authors, such as R.J. Anderson, Sharon Hinck, Kathy Tyers, and Jill Williamson, just to name a few.

So what is this new book that I'm yapping about?

The Vault Between Spaces is an adult fantasy set in a Cold-War like world, where a young girl plots to escape from a prison camp reputed as inescapable while being hunted by an intelligence officer searching for the legendary Vault Between Spaces. 

Barring any unexpected delays, Vault will be published in February 2020--just a mere eight months away! And even cooler (at least to a bibliophile like me) the book will be initially released in a limited-run hardcover.

Of course, there is much work to be done between now and then. More editing on the story. Cover design. Galleys. But the process has begun! I think it shall be fun to see what the next few months will bring, and I hope you'll stick around for the journey as well...

Dreaming bigger, growing deeper,
Chawna Schroeder

No comments: