Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The ABC's of Discernment: An Introduction

“How can I develop discernment?”

This question was posed to me last spring by a father of young children. Having sat through one of my workshops, he understood that my material was too old for his kids and more time-consuming than he could invest at this stage of his life. Yet he also understood the importance of discernment and that he had to first learn it before he could teach it.

I provided a few suggestions to him at the time, but the encounter has stuck with me, rolling around in my head over the past few months. How can I help him and others like him, seeking a quick overview of the discipline of discernment?

This blog series is one result of that mulling, and so over the next few weeks, we’ll take a fresh look at the basics of discernment aided by the structure of the ABC's.

No comments: