Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On the Bookshelf

It’s that time again. I’m ramping up for homeschool conferences again, which means my bookshelf of to-read books is busting to overflowing. Here’s a look at the latest stack:

Bones of Makaidos by Bryan Davis
Outriders by Kathryn Mackel
Mozart’s Sister by Nancy Moser
A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman
Shadow of Colossus by T. L. Higley
Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter by R.J. Anderson
Thirsty by Tracey Bateman
The Enclave by Karen Hancock
Michal by Jill Eileen Smith
Miss Fortune by Sara Mills
Powers by John B. Olson
Field of Blood by Eric Wilson

Have good recommendation for the voracious homeschool reader? Leave me comment; I would love to hear about it! I’m especially looking for anything great in the speculative genre (any age), excellent reading (any genre) for the mid-grade reader (8-12 years) and mystery/suspense books for teen girls (13-16 years) with minimal or no romance.

2 comments:

Shirley Ann said...

I don't know why but this reminded me of a few days ago when my mom and I were discussing the book-it program. I miss so much being able to read non-stop. Some days I don't think I would have enough time to read a simple children's book.

Good luck with your list!
S

Chawna Schroeder said...

It is difficult to find time to read, especially non-stop! Oh well, it doesn't mean I don't try.