Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fingerpainting

Today my thoughts are jumbled, my heart full of emotions, and my spirit seeking. Coherency flees in the midst of such tumult. So like a child with fingerpaint, I jab, I dot, I streak the paper with words.

Heavenly Father, I long for my picture to bring You pleasure and joy.

The feeling of inadequacy lies heavy on my shoulders, my fingers clumsy and my paint runny. Envy of the colors in other’s boxes threatens to muddy my two or three colors. And the waiting! Will the paint never dry?

But God is sovereign. He knows how long the paint needs to dry. He knows when I’ll need new colors or whether I will really need new colors at all. And though I’m clumsy, He is willing to place his hand over mine to guide my drawing, if I’ll only let Him.

So I will trust Him, knowing that by His grace the drawing will turn out better than I could have ever imagined.

“…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. :) May God bless you on your writing journey; you have a great talent to share His glory!
God bless,
Taylor J. Beisler
www.taylorbeisler.com
http://www.eloquentbooks.com/ArintSaratir-WarriorsLight.html
www.impossiblewriter.wordpress.com