Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Good News for a New Year

A new year has begun, and it has begun with a bang:
I have landed my first novel contract!!!!
 

Even as I write those words, I am left  . . . astounded. In awe. A year ago I would have never thought it possible, especially for the manuscript which has been contracted. By this time last year, that story had been rejected by almost every major Christian publisher—including the publisher with which it is now contracted.

But in a strange twist of events that could have been orchestrated by God alone, my fairytale-styled allegory has been contracted by Enclave Publishing, placing me in the same stable as some of the most highly respected Christian speculative authors in the industry: Kathy Tyers, R. J. Anderson, Jill Williamson, Sharon Hinck, and John Otte, among others. Authors I have long admired and whose work I love.

Then if that weren’t enough, my novel’s publication date has been fast tracked. The industry average for publication is 12-18 months. My novel, Beast, will release in July 2016.

Yes, you read that right. July. Of this year.

So in six months, after 16 years of work, I’ll finally be a published novelist.

Wow. God is amazing.

No comments: