Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year’s Dreams

No, I’m not listing goals this year. It’s not that I don’t believe in goals. I do and make them on a regular basis. But it was also made abundantly clear this past year that God’s timetable rarely, if ever, matches mine.

So this year I’m going to dream and dream big. If God decided to grant me five things pertaining to my writing, what would I ask for? I would like to:

1. Complete two novel manuscripts and start a third. (I’ve never “completed” a manuscript, including major revisions, in less than eighteen months.)
2. Receive a multi-book contract.
3. Be offered representation from an agent who is well-known in the industry but also gets my writing and who I am as a writer.
4. See my blog readership triple.
5. Gain multiple opportunities (how does a dozen or so sound?) to speak to a receptive audience on discernment in fiction.

Okay. So not all of these will become reality (short of God doing the impossible, of which He is more than capable). In fact, it’s quite probable that none of them will be fulfilled. But dreaming isn’t about probabilities, it’s about possibilities And with a whole unwritten year ahead, anything can happen.

2 comments:

KM Wilsher said...

Shawna, I think this is my most favorite post here at Imagination!

Chawna Schroeder said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Often times I write these as much for my benefit as anyone's, but it's always such an joy to discover it connects with others as well.