Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Books for UTCH

I’m now only a little over a week out from the UTCH (Utah Christian Homeschool) Conference. I can tell. My house is showing the evidence of it: My coffee table is stack with books to pack. A suitcase sits open on the floor next to the closet, already overflowing with things I don’t want to forget. Handouts, lists and other miscellaneous items litter floors and tables in different rooms. In short, everything is a bit chaotic around here.

But I am making progress forward, and among other things, I have a tentative list of the books I’ll be promoting (though it’s still subject to change). So what will be on my vendor’s table this year?

For Mid-grade (8-12) Readers:
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson
The Wilderking Trilogy by Jonathan Rogers

For Tweens (10-14):
Dragons in Our Midst by Bryan Davis
Oracles of Fire by Bryan Davis
The Shadowside Trilogy #1 & #2 by Robert Elmer
The DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul

For Teens (13-16):
Isle of Swords & Isle of Fire by Wayne Thomas Batson
Echoes from the Edge #1 & #2 by Bryan Davis

For YA (14-18):
The Outcasts of Skagaray by Andrew Clarke
The Lamb Among the Stars by Chris Walley

For Adults (16+):
The Gifted Series by Lisa T. Bergren
Mars Hill Classified by Austin Boyd
A Lever Long Enough by Amy Deardon
Legends of the Guardian-King by Karen Hancock
Sword of Lyric by Sharon Hinck
City of God #2 & #3 by Randall Ingermanson
Double Vision by Randall Ingermanson
Oxygen & Fifth Man by Randall Intermanson & John B. Olson
Adrenaline by John B. Olson
Fossil Hunter by John B. Olson
Shade by John B. Olson
The Threads of Auralia #1 & #2 by Jeffrey Overstreet

And that’s not all. This year is an experiment year. I know sci-fi and fantasy isn’t everyone’s taste. So this year I’m providing a sampling of books in other genres:

Buchanan Series #1 & #2 by James Scott Bell
The Gresham Chronicles by Lawana Blackwell
Kanner Lake by Brandilyn Collins
Dark Pursuits by Brandilyn Collins
A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist
The Measure of A Lady by Deeanne Gist
Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist
Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deeanne Gist
Sisterchicks Series by Robin Jones Gunn
Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson
The O’Malleys by Dee Henderson
Becky Miller series by Sharon Hinck
Symphony of Secrets by Sharon Hinck
Stepping into Sunlight by Sharon Hinck
Ladies of History by Nancy Moser
A.D. Chronicles by Brock and Bodie Thoene
Mission: Russia by Susan May Warren
Deep Haven by Susan May Warren
Noble Legacy by Susan May Warren
Team Hope by Susan May Warren

That should be enough books to make things interesting, don’t you think?

2 comments:

Brandon Barr said...

Great list. I hope one day my book can make the cut ;)

Anonymous said...

Chawna! I just hopped over here to see what you had to say about Hunter Brown, and since so far that's not much, I scrolled down. Now I'm really curious about what exactly you do. What's your connection with homeschooling? (I'm a grad, and now a speaker at conferences and writer for HSing magazines.) And what wondrous work is this, that you're promoting Christian fantasy for homeschoolers? Like Brandon, I have an ulterior interest. I write Christian fantasy for homeschoolers (and everybody else, of course). Anyway, would you mind hopping over to my blog and telling me more about yourself? It's www.rachelstarrthomson.com/inklings/