Monday, March 31, 2008

Personal Limitations: An Introduction

Finally! We have reached the third and final part of the guideline building blocks: personal limitations.

Unlike maturity, which focuses on increasing growth that most of us pass through, personal limitations are very individual. For while personal limitations provide off-limit areas for you, those boundaries may not apply to your family, your neighbor, or the world at large. And if that wasn’t confusing enough, these personal gray areas may or may not change over time.

This makes personal limitations probably some of the hardest guidelines to set. There’s no template to follow, no clear-cut path to take or even a rabbit trail. I could simply tell you what is off-limits to me, but that will help you little since you might be a different from me as an elephant from a jellyfish.

Still I believe commonalities exist, and that’s what I’ll be focusing on in the coming weeks. Our individuality may force me to write in generalities, but the common ground can provide you the foundation of discovering your own limitations—if you’ll let them.

No comments: